Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fort Worth Zoo

We went to the Fort Worth Zoo after Addison's appointment with Dr. Hubli. It was a great day to visit--overcast, cool, not too busy (maybe due to the swine flu) and 1/2 price day!!! I really wanted to see termites because I have been obsessed with them because I thought we had them in our house last week (turns out we have fire ants living in our walls which is quite lovely). Addison really liked the primate exhibit.


Addison is signing elephant

Addison's favorite activity was sitting in the Wells Fargo carriage.



If you ever want to teach your kids about manure, the Ft. Worth Zoo is a must for a fun, hands-on interactive of the process. See the pictures below . . .

First you take a ball and put it in the trough for the cows to eatThen you turn the crank to move it up the silo
And then the back end of the cow poops out the manure. Kids can have hours and hours of fun learning this process at the Ft. Worth Zoo!

No comments: