Henry ran his first marathon last weekend, The White Rock Marathon! Yes, he finished the entire 26.2 miles on a day with less than ideal conditions (fierce wind and warmer than usual temperatures). I am so proud (and a little jealous because my knees would never ever let me run that far) of his accomplishment. He even thinks that he wants to do it again! Henry's parents came into town to support him and I found that watching a marathon is surprisingly fun and exhilarating. It was actually really intense to stand on the side of the road with your eyes trained on hundreds of runners while trying to find your runner. We also did a lot of walking and I found that I was kind of sore the next day too (yeah, pathetic but I did walk up and down a huge hill twice and run about a quarter of a mile with Henry).
We found Henry around the 14 mile mark and he was feeling so good that he asked to run with Addison for a while. You can get a feeling for how windy it is by looking that that blanket blowing in the wind.
The finish line!
Enjoying part of Henry's post race pizza
We got Henry some bananas after the race and Addison decided to try her first banana. She ate quite a bit of it but has shown no interested in eating any more of it since then--despite me opening at least 3 more bananas for her.
Addison has developed a "cheesy smile" that she likes to use when she thinks she is being cute.
Yummy! My first doughnut hole!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment